Fire Chief - Saudi National
Job Type: Permanent
Job reference: :
Job Reference: SO_100162EAD
Location: Saudi Arabia, Saudi
Sector: Mining Production, Mining
Salary: US$1 per annum
Date Posted: 15/12/2016
Spencer Ogden seek an experienced Fire Chief on behalf of a prestigious Saudi based client. Suitable candidates should ideally be of Saudi nationality.
My client requires a Fire Chief with 15+ years of experience working in the fire protection within an industrial or manufacturing plant site environment. Also an additional Six years+ in the position of Fire Captain or Training Captain would be ideal.
Overview of position with required technical skillset;
- Performs the role as Fire Chief for all facilities within client
- Responds to and directs all emergency response activities in the refinery including fires and leaks, Haz-Mat incidents and oil spill responses
- Develops, trains, and supervises the Emergency Response Team (ERT)
- Provides and or supervises the required training for the ERT for fires, leaks, rescue and Haz-Mat incidents
- Supervises the maintenance of the fire protection equipment:
- Supervises annual testing and maintenance of the emergency mobile apparatus and all associated equipment
- Supervises annual testing and maintenance of the companies firewater system including pumps, piping, hydrants, monitor nozzles and deluge systems
- Supervises maintenance and annual testing of the fixed fire detection and suppression systems as recommended by the manufacturer
- Supervises the use of the firewater system
- Develops and maintains emergency plans:
- Updates the ERT Policy and Organisation Statement annually
- Conducts Emergency Response and Emergency Planning Training and Drills:
- Coordinates plans and conducts annual functional drill with local Fire Departments and other agencies as needed
- Provides necessary industrial fire training as related to protection of company and maintains relations with local Fire Departments, employees and all other necessary personnel
- Manages upgrades to the companies fire water system:
- Keeps informed of current fire regulations, trends, and technical advances in extinguishing agents, appliances, and techniques of fire control and training
- Coordinates plans to maintain the integrity and reliability of the firewater system and associated equipment
- Determines and initiates projects for additional fire detection and suppression
- Initiates engineering projects to upgrade the companies fire water system to assure adequate firewater flows to process units and the tank field
- Develops and administers annual expense and capital budgets for the ERT organization
- Maintains all necessary company and governmental records related to fire protection and emergency response training.
- Develop and execute integrated organisation and manpower plans to support the accomplishment of Fire Department, plans including the recruitment, training and development of multi-cultural staff.
- Create a working environment and culture which engages all Fire Department staff.
- Direct the training of Saudi Nationals to prepare and develop them for planned career succession.
- Ability to manage the effective achievement of Fire Department objectives through the leadership of the department, setting individual objectives, managing performance, developing and motivating staff, providing timely formal and informal feedback and appraisal in order to maximise subordinate and the performance of the Fire Department and associated volunteer employees.
- Provide coaching and mentoring within the department to develop high performing Emergency Response Teams (ERT).
Ability to direct the development and implementation of policies, processes, procedures and controls covering all areas of Fire and Integrated Emergency Response Plan at the companies plant sites to ensure all relevant procedural/ legislative requirements are fulfilled while delivering the appropriate quality and targeted objectives in a cost-effective manner.
Ability to provide clear knowledge of laws, regulations, and guidelines within industries to ensure compliance with regulatory agencies and organisations.
Education - Experience - Qualifications
Bachelor of Arts/Science Degree from an accredited college or university completed
My client are currently only accepting applications from Saudi National for this position.
If you are interested in the above position and have the required skillet then please do get in contact ASAP for a further detailed discussion.
For more information about this role please contact our Dubai office