This position performs the duties of a Roustabout and supports and assists other members of the drilling crew during all rig operations.
Drilling Manager, Rig Manager, Driller and other members of the crew
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Assists Driller, Derrickhand, Motorman; while rigging-up, nippling-up, tearing out, and rig maintenance while drilling.
- Prepares floor before; trip, connections and surveys.
- Carries out housekeeping tasks around rig and lease such as washing and painting, either on own initiative or as assigned.
- Catches samples, digs and cleans ditches, shovels shale.
- Handles and measures tubular goods under the direction of the Motorman.
- Assists in the training and instruction of more junior Floorhand.
- Reports and corrects any unsafe work practices and safety hazards.
- Assists and performs tasks as instructed by Motorman and Derrickhand in such duties as: rig servicing, mixing mud, etc.
- Works as a team member with the rest of the rig crew, at a high level of efficiency during trips and other team efforts.
- Fully knowledgeable of new employee orientation program, rig, and Company policies including Company employee benefit plans.
- Understands and works according to knowledge with steam, BOP drills and kicks, workplace hazards and safety.
- Responsible for developing an understanding of all major rig components and the necessary servicing.
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.