Spencer Ogden is seeking an experienced Front-end Developer in Drupal (high preference for D8). Role focuses on building themes for desktop, mobile and responsive sites and bringing unique and cutting-edge user experiences to life. Responsibilities:
- Maintain D8 modules
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability across devices and user experiences
- Drupal-specific front-end development experience (both site building and custom theme development)
- Use common Drupal deployment methodologies (dev->stage->live)
- Enterprise-level Matrixed Team Collaboration
- Assist in Solution Design
- Agile Testing
- Documentation and Maintenance of Code Repository Quality Checks
- Minimum of 5 years front-end development on enterprise-grade websites in Drupal (7 or 8)
- Experience with MySQL, Web Services & related technologies
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Familiarity with version control and code management tools such as Git, Bitbucket
- Expert with Drupal 8 theming with Twig
- Know how to write custom theme functions and also how to override default theming behavior
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as as Gimp or Photoshop.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them along with designing sites to meet web accessibility standards.
- Experience working on different CMS platforms; WordPress and Salesforce Commerce Cloud (Demandware) a plus
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.