Front Line Manager
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH113088
Sector: Build, Commercial Management, Built Environment
Salary: £28000 - £38000 per annum + Benefits
Date posted: 25/10/2017
This vacancy has now expired.
Front Line Manager
£28,000 - £38,000 (DoE) + Benefits
Purpose of Role
Reporting to the Zone Manager and as part of the Operations Department, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing all aspects of pick and dispatch, stores and all administration functions supporting the distribution team, meeting the growth objectives and customer sales demand whilst ensuring minimum costs of transport and labour. To lead a team to deliver the product volume required as planned, whilst consistently achieving all set standards including H&S, quality, efficiency, customer specifications, and hygiene.
* To be responsible for achieving the daily/weekly production/despatch plans
* Responsible for the inbound & outbound logistics for all customers and inter-site activities for Arbroath and assist, advise and interact productively with other group locations.
* Ensure delivery of all despatched orders on time and in full, meeting KPI & service levels. Ensure working patterns allow maximum utilisation of time, resource and value and develop as required to meet business requirements.
* To measure, record and analyse the key process outputs of the team on a real-time basis, including Quality, Productivity, Plan Attainment, and efficiency. You will identify trends and act on opportunities to increase quality and performance
* Manage, coach and develop team, empowering them to perform to the highest level thereby delivering the departmental goals.
* To communicate with the team effectively, focusing on specific customer complaints/requirements, discussing performance data (Actual v Plan), identifying and discussing concerns and developing countermeasures
* To drive effectiveness through provision of training using the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) and maintaining a skills matrix to track and build on team flexibility
* Remain flexible to the change and growth that will support the business.
* Ensure that a safe working environment is maintained in accordance with the companies' policies and legal safety regulations
* Complete all administrative tasks, including completion of KPI's, daily and weekly reports, time and attendance and build plan
* To effectively lead and develop the team by motivating, leading and coaching
* Managing the performance of the team to ensure they are clearly focused on their objectives, and are developed to maximise their potential
* To measure and manage attendance of staff within the department, reviewing regularly
* Maintaining GMP at a high level within the department through involvement of all team members
* To take part in and support customer site audits as and when requested to do so by the technical team
Qualifications, Knowledge & Experience
* Role model our values
* Excellent communicator
* Effective People Manager:
Discipline & Grievance
* HACCP Level 2
* Food Hygiene Level 3
* Allergen Management
* IOSH Managing Safely, or equivalent
* Internal auditing experience/qualification
* Environmental awareness
* 3+ years' experience in a similar role in the food industry
* Ability to apply key CI tools and techniques:
Daily review meetings
* Commercial Awareness
* Understanding and analysing data to inform decision making
* Work on own initiative
* Prioritise workload
For more information about this role please contact our Manchester office