- Skilled across the spectrum of the stack. You're a generalist who enjoys working with the front-end, backend and SQL databases. You can jump from data processing in Python/Scala/Java to React/Angular components. You can quickly answer 'how many times does x appear in this file?' using the command line tools and/or a scripting language.
- Solid engineering fundamentals. You write clean, well tested and modular code that requires minimal QA and is easily extendable by others. You have a strong desire not only to improve your own but also the engineering fundamentals of everyone you work with.
- Natural leader. Your career demonstrates communication and collaboration across several teams to reach a shared goals. The skill to carry a project to fruition across team and framework boundaries is one of your strongest skills.
- A continuous learner. You are constantly working to improve your knowledge and skill-set, eager to learn new technologies, continually challenge the status quo by thinking outside the box, and consider constructive criticism/feedback and the need for rapid iteration to be a good things.
- Familiar with the financial industry. You understand the basics of the financial system and have worked in the space before.
- Big data visualization. Prior experience with data visualization and distributed systems is a plus.
- Deliver data insights and visualizations to banks, portfolio managers, servicers, and other financial institutions.
- You will jump between areas like distributed systems, creating/changing frontend components, adding/tweaking modules that change heterogeneous input data to standardized output data.
- You will build functional, immutable data processing pipelines, build frontend features/data visualizations and design backend systems capable of querying large amounts of data.
- Raise the bar for engineering. You aren't afraid to speak up when you notice poor architecture, lack of comprehensive testing or messy code and proactively take steps to fix it with the support from the rest of the team.
- You help others improve and also take feedback from others to heart.
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.