Our client one of the world leaders in the design, development and manufacture of wind turbines are offering an incredible opportunity for a General Manager Composite Materials & Processes paying a competitive salary of €80,000 - €120,000 per annum as well as an amazing benefits package with a structured career progression. This is an exciting opportunity for a target driven individual to come on board and manage a team of highly skilled engineering professionals.
General Manager Composite Materials & Processes duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for the integral management and development of the major functions within CMP department i.e. materials technology, composite processes, advanced tooling and CATIA.
- Acting as the content lead of CMP design, value engineering and RCA activities with the company; represents the department in management reviews.
- Operating with 12-18 engineers reporting directly to you, you will be responsible for giving guidance to the activities of the team of engineers as well as Supervise the contribution and deliverables of the team into NPD programs and for other defined projects.
- Initiate and supervise applied research and design to improve or generate new technologies.
- Responsible for the quality of the content delivered by the team members and for HSE of composite lab.
General Manager Composite Materials & Processes desired experience:
- Candidates hold a MSC or BSC in a relevant field of study.
- The ideal candidate has about 15 years of working experience and has worked as a composite specialist as well as team or department lead.
- Candidates should have a proven track record in managing a larger team of engineers in the research and development of advanced composites.
- It is expected that the candidate can provide direction and guidance to a group of employees in the context of fulfilling their tasks and executing their projects; establish and maintain good cooperation with other involved parties in order to achieve defined targets.
- The ideal individual should be able to make decisions by undertaking actions or setting the course of actions based on good judgement of relevant information. Furthermore, this individual will need to have experience in presenting ideas and facts in a clear manner with the ability to adjust the language of a presentation to suit the audience.
- Experience in making ideas and opinions clear in a report or document that conforms to proper design and structure, is grammatically correct and that contains appropriate language is also key.
If this sounds like something you are particularly interested in, please apply with an updated version of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or feel free to give me a call on +442072689254.
For more information about this role please contact our London office