Spencer Ogden is looking for a Geologist/Hydrologist for our client in Fort Collins, CO.
This is an exciting oppurtinity to grow your skills at a company that truly cares about their employees, as well as the environment. This is an entry-mid level role, so all applicants who are looking to learn are welcome to apply!
- Obtain and review pertinent geologic and hydrogeologic data
- Assist in evaluating the quantity and quality of geologic reserves for existing or future mine sites
- Collaborate with drill crews and complete field geologic logs of drilled samples, including unconsolidated sediments and bedrock
- Prepare technical reports summarizing results of work completed using MS Word, Excel, etc.
- Assist with mineral exploration and water rights permitting as needed
- Collaborate with subcontractors to complete aquifer tests and other field tests
- Provide well construction observation services
- Synthesize and interpret hydrogeologic and water quality data, including aquifer testing results, geologic cross-sections, and contour maps
- Assist with preparing drilling strategies and specifications, as well as well designs
- Communicate with project team and stakeholders, verbal and written
- Taking accurate and precise field notes to document completed work
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Self-motivated, and able to work both independently and as a team member
- Bachelor's degree in Geology
- Excellent computer and technical skills, including ArcGIS
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must have a valid driver's license and clean driving record
- Ability to work extended hours, including weekends, to accommodate schedules
- Ability to travel to other offices and project sites, including extended overnight stays
- Ability to work outdoors in all types of weather and terrain conditions
- Ability to lift approximately 50 lbs. and do repetitive work such as lifting, bending and standing for long periods of time
- Hard working and enjoys learning.
- Commensurate with education, training, and experience.
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.