- Location: Selangor
- Salary: Market Alligned
Spencer Ogden is retained by a client specializing in manufacturing and distributing medical products. My clients are looking for a General Manager to strategically lead their Commercial and Opperational departments, including a factory . This position is based in Kuala Lumpur.
The General Manager provides overall leadership to our client's organization in meeting aligned corporate goals and direction whilst leading all commercial (sales, marketing, and applications development) activities. Primary business focus will be to achieve strategic profitable growth of the business in Malaysia, whilst supporting other new business opportunities for the client and managing the relationships with various stakeholders including government ministries, customers (including state-owned enterprise), and suppliers.
- Responsible for managing profitable business growth and achieving the EBITDA target
- Responsible for achieving safety performance and encouraging diversity in the workforce
- Manages relationships with local partners and customers as well as Malaysia central government on new entity setup and obtaining the various incentives and permits/licenses associated with a new project.
- Builds relationship with other stakeholders e.g. International Embassy representatives, International and local trade bodies etc.
- Provide leadership, support, and direction in managing local community, NGOs, and local government.
- Responsible for leadership in sales, marketing and applications teams and includes development of strong customer relationships with key strategic customers including state-owned enterprise.
- Attract top performing people with high levels of competence to The Client and retaining them. Develop a robust talent pipeline and succession plan for critical roles.
- Develop / train and promote top performing business managers who are competent in business management, achieving success through teamwork, empowerment, open communication, and performance.
- Responsible for overall employee morale and motivation.
- 5 years' experience in managing a large business unit with manufacturing arm and sales function. 15 years overall working experience in either Sales or Operations.
- Proven track record in Financial, Business and Strategic matters.
- MBA is essential. Executive Education certificates are an advantage.
- Candidate must have strong network in state and federal governments, with regards to government hospital and clinics businesses.
- Experience working in large organizations.
- Experienced in P&L Management of about MYR 120 Million.
- Good command of English and Malay.
This position pays a basic salary of up to MYR 360,000. Fringe benefits apply.