Graduate Civil Engineer, EIT
Spencer Ogden is looking for a Graduate Civil Engineer for our client in Fort Collins, Colorado. This is an exciting opportunity with a rapidly growing company with office locations throughout the U.S., handling an assortment of projects small and large!
The ideal candidate will posses the ability to interpret construction plans and specifications, assist with preparation of construction plans and specifications, perform construction inspections, document inspections with field notes, work as part of a team ensuring project and field objectives are met, and exhibit positive client/public relations in the office and in the field.
This is an employee owned company that prides itself on working with multidisciplinary experts that ultimately come together to accomplish something bigger than themselves- inspiring positive change, promoting core values, all while exceeding the needs of those they serve and building a better planet.
- Assist with developing plan sets and specifications for civil earthwork design projects.
- Assist with field related survey tasks to obtain boundary, topography, GIS data collection, geodetic, etc.
- Provide construction staking information from plans to survey team.
- Perform construction staking information from plans to survey team.
- Document construction activities, progress, correspondence.
- Perform field measurements.
- Interpret construction plans and specifications.
- Communicate with project team and stakeholders, verbal and written.
- Prepare plans sets and record drawings in Autodesk Civil 3D.
- Prepare technical documents using MS Word, and Excel.
- Perform stromwater modelling for civil design projects.
- Prepare survey exhibits and record drawings in Autodesk Civil 3D.
- Self-motivated, and able to work both independently and as a team member.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering.
- Fundamentals of Engineering Certification.
- Excellent computer and technical skills, including Autodesk Civil 3D.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must have a valid driver's license and clean driving record. Ability to work extended hours is crucial, including weekends to accommodate schedules.
- Ability to travel to other offices and project sites, including extended overnight stays, when needed.
- Ability to work outdoors in all types of weather and terrain conditions.
- Ability to lift approximately 50 lbs. and do repetitive work such as lifting, bending and standing for long periods of time.
- Hard working and enjoys learning.
- A "step up and do it" mentality, willingness to help others, and an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Full time role with full benefits and salary.
- Growth opportunity within a fast growing company.
- Vacation, 401K.
- This is a long term role for a candidate who is the right fit. Ability to grow a long term career with this company is guaranteed.