Graduate QA Technician
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH104806
Location: England, Greater Manchester, Oldham
Sector: Build, Site Management & Planning, Built Environment
Date posted: 31/03/2017
This vacancy has now expired.
Graduate Quality Assurance (QA) Technician - Oldham - £20,000
The company is a £100million+ turnover, multi award winning blue-chip food manufacturer supplying baked goods to all the major retailers.
The company is renowned for looking after the people it employs, and it is keen to invest in the right Quality Assurance Technician. This role presents an opportunity for the right candidate to develop and progress.
If you are a recent Graduate who is hungry to learn, or someone who works in Quality Assurance and is looking for a company with which they can further their career, please read on.
The QA Technician will:
* Compile and issue process control records and quality standards, and provide training operatives
* Attend trials and product launches
* Conduct internal audits (including systems, GMP, CCP audits)
* Investigate Customer Complaints and attend Customer Complaints meetings
* Troubleshoot and support the Operations and Technical departments to resolving issues
* Monitor hygiene standards, food safety, GMPs, traceability, allergen management, legality and quality
* Carry out Traceability and Mass Balance exercises
* Ensure foreign body controls in production areas are adequate
* Ensure technical systems are in place and are being followed
* Organise and attend on-site Quality Control panels and ensure corrective actions are implemented
* Calibrate key equipment and Carry out Micro and allergen swabbing as required
* Ensure the best GMPs are always in place for unannounced audits and/or customer visits.
The successful candidate will have:
* Experience of Quality Assurance within a Food Manufacturing or a Degree in Food Science / Microbiology / Biology / Food / Science or similar
* Either experience or at least knowledge of:
- Food Safety Standards (such as BRC)
- Food Safety Systems (such as HACCP)
- Internal Auditing (a qualification is desirable)
* Excellent attention to detail and communication skills
* Excellent organisational skills and an ability to prioritise
* A good working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
* A good numerical ability
* An ability to work independently
To be confirmed: 8 hour shifts which may include Nights, Evenings or Weekends (a degree of flexibility is essential).
* Competitive salary
* 33 days' holiday
* Excellent pension scheme
* Discounts on the high street
* Free Parking
To apply for this role or for more information please contact Gilbert Gregory on 0161 227 4918.
For more information about this role please contact our Manchester office