My client is looking for a grid consultant/engineer who will be responsible to carry out technical engineering analysis related to power system, storage solutions and electricity markets. With a main focus on grid integration of renewable energy in the power system while also being responsible for project management and client's interaction.
Delivering solutions for performance optimisation of renewable energy and energy efficiency projects. Providing expert services covering the whole project lifecycle to support all developers, managers, investors, policy-makers and operators.
Expertise spanning across the following areas:
- Solar: PV & thermal power
- Wind power: on & offshore
- Sustainable buildings & sites
- Power grids and markets
Bridging the gap between R&D and the market, the business combines partnerships with leading R&D centres, in-house innovation and a thorough understanding of practical industry needs to continuously offer high performance, cost-effective energy services and products.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Conduct grid integration studies of renewable energy projects based on modelling and simulation of power systems
- Conduct techno-economical feasibility studies of hybrid off-grid systems.
- Produce analysis of electricity markets (day ahead, intraday, balancing).
- Advise on energy storage solution (type, size, control,..)
- Deploy smart grid concepts and innovative control strategies for efficient integration of renewable energy
- Manage projects including end-to-end project administration: planning, realisation, coordination, cost control as well as relationships with clients, partners and suppliers
- Master degree in electrical power engineering is essential.
- Knowledge of power system modelling software such as DigSilent Powerfactory
- Knowledge and experience in the electricity markets.
- Relevant work experience, ideally with a DSO/TSO or in power system consultancy or related is a huge benefit.
- Experience in programming language Python.
- Willing to travel abroad for short-term business trips to various locations.
- Strong analytical and communication skills, both oral and in writing.
- Ability to identify key issues, assess the implications and communicate complex subjects in readily understandable terms.
- Strong self-organisation and self-motivation skills; able to work on own initiative with minimal supervision, under pressure and to hard deadlines, with a focus on delivering output.
- Flexible, adaptable, good team worker.
- Creative and innovative mind-set.
- Fluent in English, French knowledge is advantageous.
Salary & Package
In addition to a stimulating atmosphere in a young and highly motivated group of people, my client is offering:
- Attractive salary package which is in line with your level of experience; including group insurance, hospital insurance, meal vouchers, representation allowance and company mobile phone.
- Sustainable transport: Easy access with public transport, 100% reimbursement of public transport fare.
- An international environment: projects in over 40 countries worldwide, colleagues of 20 nationalities.
For more information about this role please contact our London office