Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH110232
Location: England, West Yorkshire, Leeds
Sector: Build, Buyers, Built Environment
Salary: £25000 - £30000 per annum + CAR
Date posted: 18/07/2017
This vacancy has now expired.
I am currently recruiting a group buyer for a rapidly expanding project management construction company based at their leeds office.
* Obtaining quotations for plant, materials and sub-contract packages
* Issuing of purchase orders to suppliers and sub-contractors
* Ensuring best price and payment terms for all purchases
* Implementation of supply chain agreements and discount/rebate structures
* Working with site and project managers to ensure plant and materials reach site on time
* Ensuring materials meet with specification
* Monitor and track plant and tool hire
* Manage and maintain the approved supplier list
* Manage and maintain the approved sub-contractor list
* Building relationships with national suppliers and sub-contractors
* Managing stock
* Good communication skills
* Decision-making ability
* Commercial awareness
* Teamworking skills
* Good knowledge of building methods and materials, ideally within a Food / chemical or pharmaceutical Regulated environment.
The successful candidate will be have experience in buying materials or sub contracting packages from a comparable industry.
This position offers a basic salary of upto £30K + a company car, pension and other benefits.
If you believe you would be a good candidate for this opportunity then please apply online or for more information please call Paul on 0161 227 4917
For more information about this role please contact our Manchester office