Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH112277
Location: England, East Sussex, Brighton
Sector: Hardware / Firmware, R and D
Salary: £30000.00 - £40000 per annum
Date posted: 24/08/2017
This vacancy has now expired.
Hardware Engineer - Brighton - Up to £40K
A new vacancy has arisen for a Hardware Engineer to join an SME with the backing and security of a global brand. The company are currently acting as the global center of excellence for the development of specialist products and you would play an integral part in maintaining and enhancing this status.
Working within a team of 5 you would maintain and customize products. To be successful at the role you would need to have a strong understanding of analogue and digital hardware engineering with expertise in international approval requirements.
Hardware Engineer skills required:
* Analogue Hardware design, layout and schematic entry - Essential
* Digital Hardware Design - Essential
* Hardware Design on 8/16/32 Microcontrollers - Essential
* Design experience with any professional CAD package - Essential
* Knowledge of Embedded C Firmware - Desirable
Hardware Engineer responsibilities:
* Lead and design improvement and customisation projects, including analogue and digital hardware design, layout and schematic entry
* Enhance the competencies and processes available in the sustaining team
* Keep knowledge of relevant international standards up to date and ensure that products meet those standards
* Managing obsolescence issues in legacy products
* Add value to existing products by reducing manufacturing cost, adding functionality or resolving customer issues
The interview process would be a telephone interview followed by a face to face although local candidates could have a combined interview process.
The company are looking to conduct these interviews immediately so if you believe you have the appropriate skills please apply.
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.