Spencer Ogden is working in partnership with a world renowned renewable energy developer who are offering an incredible opportunity for a Head of Finance and M&A (Middle East, Africa) to join their team in Spain.
The role and responsibilities include but are not limited to;
- Carrying out, monitoring and follow up of the relations within the unit and the financial institutions operating the Renewable sector in region. Financial Institutions will mean not only banks and lenders but also institutional and equity investors with interest to invest in Solar assets
- Designing and structuring optimal financial structures for the funding of the projects carried out by the MEA unit
- Leading the negotiation with financial entities the financing terms and conditions of the projects carried out by the unit
- Economical and Financial evaluation of acquisition opportunities. Leading the process of acquiring solar projects developed by third parties, including commercial negotiation with project owners and design of the acquisition structure under the support of the corporate M&A team. Negotiating of the terms and conditions for the acquisition of projects, licenses or companies (SPA, Call Option, MoU, etc.)
- Selecting process of the advisors (legal, insurance, administrative, financial, etc..) involved in the financing structure of the projects carried out by the unit
- Coordinating, monitoring and follow up of the due diligence activities required in the project financing processes (including coordination with the other sectors of the unit - such as technical and development departments - involved in the process). Negotiating the terms and conditions related to the financing contracts of the projects carried out by the unit.
- Providing assistance to the other departments on the main characteristics and conditions to be met by the Project contracts - such as EPC Contract, O&M Contract, Shareholder Agreement -in order to facilitate the financing of the projects.
- Follow up of documentation related to the financing after the closing of the projects carried out by the unit (compliance with Condition Precedent, Covenants, Waiver application, etc.).
- Involvement in the equity rising activities to bring equity to the projects developed and structured by the unit.
- Actively participating in the eventual sale of the projects to third parties - the Head of Structured Finance and M&A will be involved in the economic valuation of the projects, will support in the Due Diligence phase to be carried on by potential acquirers and will participate in the negotiation of the conditions of the asset sale,
- Execution of the projects sales in coordination with the legal team and the corporate M&A Team
- Constantly updating and exchanging information with the Corporate unit for the sharing and the definition of the financing strategy to be implemented in the projects carried out by the unit
- Coordinating and drafting the information required to obtain internal Committee approval for the proposed financing structure of the projects carried out by the unit
- Managing team Analysts, allocating priorities within the team as well as coordinating and monitoring activities carried out by the team members
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum of 8 years' experience in corporate finance, financial advisory or debt structuring practices
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in structured finance and M&A execution processes in the renewable energy sector
- Ability to prioritise workload in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills
- English and Spanish language proficiency (both written and spoken). Arabic a plus.
If you meet the criteria above and are interested in finding out more then please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +442072689365. Referrals also welcome.
For more information about this role please contact our London office