Head of Firmware- Smart Technologies
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH124129
Location: England, Greater Manchester, Manchester
Sector: SMART Metering, Utilities
Date posted: 24/04/2018
Spencer Ogden are seeking a Head of Firmware with a specialism in Embedded Firmware for a permanent opportunity based in Manchester.
Our client are an innovator within Smart Technologies and work alongside several key energy suppliers. Due to company growth and recent new projects and contracts they are seeing a Head of Firmware to drive the business forward.
As the successful candidate you will lead a successful team and be working on some of the biggest projects in the smart energy landscape. You will make sure that all projects are delivered on time, within budget and to the high standards of our client.
The role will see you undertaking the following:
- Resource planning/allocation with Project Managers.Together with the project manager, ensures the successful execution of the projected Firmware Design tasks.
- Ensures that Firmware Design is done to the right Quality level.
- Cost centre financial controlling.
- Evaluation, selection and coordination of Firmware Design services suppliers.
- Support Product Management during the definition of new product ideas and product road maps..
- Participate in the definition and development of the Firmware development processes and ensuring compliance throughout the development process.
To be considered you will have the following background:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or similar
- Prior background in managing and leading teams
- Proven experience in embedded Firmware and design
- Prior experience in Telecoms, Utilities, or automotive industry would be an advantage
- Experience working on new products
- Strong project management experience
- Proven stakeholder management
In return you will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits
For more information about this role please contact our London office