- Location: London
- Salary: Market related
My client operates a strategic gas pipeline, connecting the UK and European Energy Markets.
They are part of a large independent energy infrastructure group, operating across the whole of Europe.
They are looking for a Head of HSSE (Health, Safety, Security & Environment). This will be based in London with regular travel to all UK sites and contractors premises.
- Provide leadership and support to all departments as the competent person for HSSE. Supporting the safe, secure, environmentally sound, reliable and efficient transportation of gas.
- Provide leadership and direction to constantly improve HSSE performance in a practical and efficient way across all UK sites.
- Deliver a quality response to external stakeholders with regard to all HSSE interfaces.
Key responsibilities/accountabilities (but not limited to):
- Promotes through personal example a positive and open HSSE culture within the organisation.
- Development and maintenance of the Health and Safety Management system.
- Direct involvement as necessary with the Board, Senior Management, Line Managers and Supervisors throughout the organisation to ensure the continuous improvement and delivery of the HSSE agenda.
- Liaison with authorities regarding HSSE matters.
- Advising Senior Management regarding safety issues and maintaining safety, security and environmental awareness throughout the management team.
- Working closely with the Asset Manager and local management teams to implement the Annual HSSE plan.
- Ensure the correct level of and contributing to risk management studies such as HAZID, HAZOP and risk assessments.
- Responsible for the company GSMR and COMAH related Safety Reports.
- Responsible for the overall emergency response planning requirements and procedures.
Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience:
- Chartered Safety Professional with qualifications such NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of a technical HNC/D.
- Experience of work site operations and maintenance environments.
- Experience of safety requirements of COMAH sites ideally, in oil/gas industry.
- Experience of UK safety and environmental legislation and of working closely with HSE/EA.
- Experience of working overseas or within different countries and cultures (not critical, but a preference)
- Experience of defining hazards and risk assessing design, site operations and maintenance on complex high hazard sites.
- Knowledge of EU safety and environmental legislation advantageous
- Experience of managing support contractors and outsourced activities for example, to develop Safety and COMAH related reports, carry out independent audit or inspection, and carry out, HAZIDS, HAZCON, HAZOPS
- An understanding and experience of physical security matters related to key infrastructure.
- Competitive salary
- Hybrid Working
- Benefits package including Discretionary Performance Bonus
- Generous Non Contributory pension contribution (12%)
- Private Health and Dental Insurance Life Assurance
- 25 days’ annual leave + Bank Holidays
- Training and Development and more to discuss
If you want a new challenge and think you can add value to a growing business, please apply!