Spencer Ogden is working in partnership with a world renowned renewable energy developer who are offering an incredible opportunity for Head of Project Development (Middle East, Africa) to join their team in Spain.
The role and responsibilities include but are not limited to;
- Site identification, screening and short listing (initial contact with landowners and landowner negotiations to secure project sites suitable for development)
- Initial technical due diligence stage, by conducting research and analysis on the technical specifications of the project to establish its feasibility, including resource and site assessment, forming the preliminary design concept, identification of connection options and other related activities;
- During the development stage, by overseeing and guiding external advisors who will conduct environmental and risk assessments and other impact assessments (glare, traffic, stormwater, etc.) required to obtain development approval, participate in community consultation, interact with landowners among others;
- During the development stage, by close interaction and oversight of grid connection consultants who will conduct detailed studies on the interaction of the project with the electricity network, helping to progress the studies and to prepare grid connection applications under the National Electricity Rules, providing guidance on key project requirements, and helping to balance regulatory requirements and commercial interests;
- During the financial close process, through close interaction with external technical advisors to help ensure financiers are comfortable with technical risks.
- Support the preparation of project progress reports, proposals, and presentations required for internal purposes and for tendering processes.
- Representing the company by participating in external meetings and forums, including industry conferences, workshops, meetings and so-on involving various third parties including other developers, suppliers, network service providers, regulators and Government authorities.
- 10 years of experience in Solar (wind an advantage).
- Minimum of 5 years of experience specifically in solar PV development (business development/project finance positions) in EMEA.
- Proven ability to originate solar PV/wind projects
- Proven experience in Project Development and Project Management of utility-scale PV/wind projects
- Well versed in the negotiation of project agreements (PPA, Sovereign guarantees, land contacts, etc.) and management of permitting processes (ESIA, generation licenses, etc.) of PV projects
- Able and willing to travel worldwide
- Fluent in English, French and Spanish. (Arabic and Portuguese a plus).
If you meet the criteria above and are interested in finding out more then please submit your CV to email@example.com or call +442072689365. Referrals also welcome.
For more information about this role please contact our London office