Head of Sales - Defence & Security
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH110500
Location: England, Essex
Sector: Software, Aerospace
Salary: £80000.00 - £100000 per annum + 40 - 50% Basic in Bonuses
Date posted: 21/07/2017
This vacancy has now expired.
Job Title: Head of Sales - Defence & Security
Package: Circa £80,000 Basic DOE & 40-50% of basic in benefits and bonuses
This is a fantastic opportunity to lead a global sales team, delivering revenue growth in defence and security markets. Reporting to the Vice President of sales you would be working within an innovative company who has the backing and market power of a large reputable brand. This senior role is also required to operate across the wider group, leading the EMEA and APAC sales teams, therefore extensive international travel will be required.
This role would ideally suit an experienced Head of Sales or Business development director who has strong knowledge of the defence market and has lead international sales teams.
Head of Sales Requirements:
* Extensive experience in the Sales and Business Development of technology devices
* Existing network of relationships Aerospace, Defence & Security markets
* Demonstrate a strong capacity to communicate and build relationships at the Executive levels
* Ability to develop compelling proposals
* Experience in managing a global sales team
* Background and understanding of electronics or electronics engineering
* Strong presentation skills
* Willingness to travel 50% of the time
* SC level security clearance or the ability to be cleared to this level
* Full UK driving licence
* Experience in selling systems and services
* Ideally experience and knowledge of RF Power and systems
* Business fluency in a European language such as French or Spanish
* Experience in using any of the following processes; Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems, Key Account Management, Strategic Selling, Complex Sales, Challenger Selling
Head of Sales Responsibilities
* Deliver and exceed annual sales targets through leadership of the opportunity pipeline.
* Building and maintaining long term relationships with strategic customers and distributors
* Developing and executing action plans to grow sales within the Defence market over the next 3-5 years
* Act as a coach and role-model to the sales team
* Create processes to best present the companies unique value proposition
* Develop and execute the Defence business development strategy to ensure annual growth targets are exceeded
* Manage, track and report on activities across the region
* Drive the team to identify new business opportunities & close orders across the region
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.