Spencer Ogden is currently looking to hire a Contracts and Compliance Intern to join our Houston office. This role acts as a Human Resources function for all of Spencer Ogden’s North American contractors, internal auditor on compliance initiatives.
This role will report to the Head of Contracts & Compliance - Americas, providing a high level of service to our contractors and operating in compliance with current regulations and industry best practices.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Welcome contractors into the Spencer-Ogden family by phone and assist them with the on-boarding process via email and/or in person
- Update tracking sheet with employee details
- Initiate pre-employment screening according to client requirements and handle escalations to management and consultants when results fall outside established guidelines
- Ensure contractor documentation is complete, timely and stored appropriately
- Audit I-9 documents for compliance then initiate E-verify processing
- Quality Check new placements in the internal applicant tracking system
- Manage change request approvals in the applicant tracking system
- Create and distribute employee contracts
- Alert consultant and management team within 48 hours of start date if incomplete (ie, pending background, drug screen, contract)
- Manage employee enrollment and terminations in the United Healthcare system
- Initiate COBRA notices in the Discovery Benefits Portal
- Initiate 401(k) invitations for newly eligible employees