Contracts and Compliance Human Resources Intern
Spencer Ogden is currently looking to hire a Contracts and Compliance Intern to join our Houston office. This role acts as a Human Resources function for all of Spencer Ogden’s North American contractors, internal auditor on compliance initiatives.
This role will report to the Head of Contracts & Compliance - Americas, providing a high level of service to our contractors and operating in compliance with current regulations and industry best practices.
Spencer Ogden is an award winning global energy, engineering and infrastructure recruitment/staffing agency.
Founded in 2010, Spencer Ogden has experienced significant growth. With offices in the UK, Europe, Middle East, Asia Pac, Australia, and the US, Spencer Ogden is at the heart of industry, keeping pace with changing technologies and building strong, long-lasting relationships along the way.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Welcome contractors into the Spencer-Ogden family by phone and assist them with the on-boarding process via email and/or in person
- Update tracking sheet with employee details
- Initiate pre-employment screening according to client requirements and handle escalations to management and consultants when results fall outside established guidelines
- Ensure contractor documentation is complete, timely and stored appropriately
- Audit I-9 documents for compliance then initiate E-verify processing
- Quality Check new placements in the internal applicant tracking system
- Manage change request approvals in the applicant tracking system
- Create and distribute employee contracts
- Alert consultant and management team within 48 hours of start date if incomplete (ie, pending background, drug screen, contract)
- Manage employee enrollment and terminations in the United Healthcare system
- Initiate COBRA notices in the Discovery Benefits Portal
- Initiate 401(k) invitations for newly eligible employees
An Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Strong communication skills
- Relationship and team management
- Ability to reinforce both team and company objectives
- Determination to achieve objectives
- Strategic thinking and ability to execute results
- Positive outlook and tenacity