The Human Resources Intern will work directly with the HR Manager - Americas, and have the opportunity to gain experience in multiple aspects of HR. This includes, but is not limited to: HR compliance, recruitment, onboarding & offboarding, employee benefits and HR data management. Every effort is made to assist the intern in building strong office and human resources skills. All internships are paid and offer flexible hours to accommodate school or work schedules.
Human Resources Intern
Spencer Ogden is currently looking for a Human Resources Intern to join it’s award-winning team!
- Supports the administrative processes linked to employee onboarding and offboarding Spencer Ogden internal employees
- Participates in actioning department goals, objectives and systems under the guidance of the HR Manager;
- Supports the maintenance of department records and reports, ensuring adherence to all record retention requirements;
- Supports the internal recruitment function and hiring managers through effective coordination and implementation of hiring and onboarding processes as directed by the HR Manager;
- Supports Spencer Ogden’s internal pre-employment screening process, including inputting background check data and appropriately communicating disposition of results;
- Prepares and interprets various reports and data, including analysis of turnover/retention, performance and other metrics as needed;
- Keeps abreast of legislative changes and their effect on the business;
- Participates in ongoing coaching and training to line management (led by the HR Manager) through the use of one-on-one and group learning sessions;
- Contributes to Spencer Ogden’s HRIS to ensure data integrity by processing changes timely and regularly auditing data for accuracy;
- Supports the offboarding process for employees exiting the business, partnering with line managers as needed, and
- Undertakes any other duties as assigned.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field
- Strong customer service orientation; with an ability to timely follow up and follow through on outstanding issues and inquiries;
- Ability to build effective relationships;
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills, with an ability to creatively and proactively work through unique situations;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality, establish credibility and trust, and influence others while balancing business and employee needs;
About Spencer Ogden
Energy, engineering and infrastructure industries are ever-changing landscapes. We recruit the best international talent across all sectors, providing industry-leading services to our clients and candidates that they won’t find elsewhere, for any stage of the project lifecycle.
In short, we’ve put our big industry experience and forward thinking where the action is.
With offices in the UK, Europe, Middle East, Asia Pac, Africa, Australia, Canada and the US, we're at the heart of industry growth, keeping pace with changing technologies and building strong, long-lasting relationships along the way.