Responsible for the delivery of the human resource strategy and team across the APAC region. Deliver the HR divisional plans, in support of wider business objectives/goals whilst ensuring adherence to policy, procedure and best practice
Enable managers to take full responsibility for people management, acting as an adviser and
providing professional support for high risk/complex issues. Providing a consultancy service for the regions branch network and to proactively engage with the branches to support the development of sound people management.
The Human Resources Manager has responsibility for providing a professional HR service to a designated group of approximately 20 line managers across the region.
Recruitment & Retention
- Support the IR function and hiring managers
- To ensure offers of employment and associated contract documentation are within HR policy, including appropriate employment checks
- To advise and assist line managers in all aspects of the recruitment and selection and induction processes, ensuring that policy, statutory and best practice requirements are satisfied.
- To act as advisor in the appropriate revision of job descriptions and person specifications in readiness for job evaluation.
- To ensure the impact of change on other roles and responsibilities is assessed.
- To agree with line managers in determining appropriate reward and recognition levels, through accurate and timely management of both the appraisal and reward schemes introduced by the Society.
- To advise managers on staffing structures and job design, and provide guidance on the processes involved.
- To advise and support line managers in the handling of all employee relations matters.
- Supporting the business in resolving matters of conflict at the earliest opportunity and providing an independent mediation role where appropriate and to be involved in an advisory capacity in the management of any formal processes within these areas and to attend formal hearings.
- To investigate sensitive and complex situations as the appointed representative and to act as the decision making manager in the progression of such cases as may be necessary
- To escalate concerns in relation to HR business risk where advice is not acted upon appropriately.
- To meet regularly with senior management to discuss people issues primarily related to performance
- To locally manage areas of legal challenge, such as employment tribunal applications or personal injury/liability claims – in liaison with both internal and external parties, including solicitors
- To monitor both short and long-term sickness, advising line managers and ensuring that staff are managed in accordance with policy, to enable return to work at the earliest opportunity and that, where necessary, rehabilitation programmes are in place, liaising with 3rd party external health providers.
- To ensure staff within the designated departments adhere to policy through practical implementation of SO HR policies and procedures
- Keep abreast of legislative changes and their effect on the business
- Be involved in industry events and opportunities to network and gain insight into how other businesses operate from and HR capacity
- To provide ongoing line management briefing and coaching, through one to one or group learning sessions, to ensure consistent application of policy and adherence to best practice in the management of all people management issues.
- Overall responsibility for the Global HR system, its upkeep and development/ ROI for key stakeholders
- Accountable for the Global MI for the HR department, liaising with key stakeholders on often sensitive data and reporting
- Monitor and analyse data including turnover rates, performance management, absence, equal opportunities information, health & safety issues and trends etc., reporting to line managers/HQ with recommendations for future action.
- Weekly headcount reporting analysis and commentary
- Monthly reports and recommendations in relation to the performance management programme
- Involvement in data and reporting for board reports on a monthly basis
- Custodian of process and policy for the region ensuring consistency with regional counterparts where possible
- To represent the function at global senior management team meetings across departments
- Act as a champion for the division offering global support to regional counterparts where needed
- To represent the department in relation to consistency of process (where possible) and approach to key issues
- To undertake any other duties, as may from time to time be required, commensurate with the level of the role.