This primary function of the HR Specialist is to provide full administrative support to the HR Department. This role is responsible for coordinating the new hire onboarding/orientation process and assisting the HR team with recruitment and benefit and compensation administration. The HR Specialist interacts with staff at all levels and responds to routine questions pertaining to benefits, HR procedures and policy.
* Oversees the coordination of AKF's New Hire Onboarding and Orientation process; this includes pre and post hire internal coordination activities (e.g. Operations, Accounting, Facilities, IT, Marketing) opening Vision and ADP accounts, scheduling employee meetings, preparing welcome packages, conducting benefit orientations and follow up "check in" meetings; provides check in feedback to the HR team.
* Assists with full cycle recruiting; includes but is not limited to placing job postings on designated careers sites (internal and external), sourcing candidates, reviewing resumes, performing telephone interviews and reference checks, preparing offer letters and coordinating background screenings.
* Schedules and coordinates AKF's attendance at appropriate career fairs, prepares/sends recruiting materials and career booth for scheduled events.
* Coordinates health, life, and disability insurance enrollments for staff members; reviews ADP enrollments and carrier feeds for accuracy and follows up with third-party administrator/carriers and payroll as needed. Reviews insurance invoices for accuracy and reconciles for employee changes.
* Point person for AKF's 401 (k) plan; includes participating on the 401 (k) committee, scheduling education meetings, conducting quarterly audits of enrollment transactions and assisting the HR team with plan level compliance.
* Updates and maintains personnel files/records in accordance with HR procedures and legal requirements; ensures that employee records are up-to-date by processing all employee changes timely (e.g. titles, rates, labor codes, personal data) and updating all HRIS systems (ADP, Deltek Vision, Willis). Conducts periodic audits of employee records/data to ensure accuracy.
* Works closely with HR Director and HR Generalist to develop job descriptions and compiles salary benchmarking data as requested.
* Maintains current listing of approved positions along with assigned salary levels and reviews with HR Director; Acts as the ATS administrator and compiles various applicant data/reports as required.
* Responds timely to HR Department emails and employee inquiries; consults with HR team as needed.
* Assists in compiling personnel data required for RFP's and various federal and state required reports (e.g. EEO-1, Osha Logs, Vets 100, Applicant logs)
* Compiles and maintains various monthly and quarterly department reports (e.g. Monthly snapshot, quarterly new hires/departures. turnover).
* Acts as Content Manager for HR page of Willis.
* Performs Ad hoc project work as directed.
* A Bachelor's degree in a related field and 2+ years of prior HR experience (recruiting, benefits administration); prior experience working at an MEP firm preferred.
* Proficiency in a variety of computer software applications, especially Excel and Microsoft Word software.
* Able to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation.
* Strong attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials
* Works well in a fast paced environment
* Strong written communication skills (written and verbal)
* Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact at all levels and personality types
* Ability to multi-task and be proactive
* Team player
* "Can do" attitude and customer service focus
* Professional and positive demeanor
Job Classification and Scheduled work hours:
* Full Time Salaried Non-Exempt Employee. Non-Exempt employees are eligible for Overtime Pay.
* Standard workweek is Monday-Friday
* Minimum 8 working hours/day (40 hours/week Monday-Friday) within the firm's hours of operation of 7:00a.m.-6:00p.m.
* You may be required to work extra hours in order to meet the business needs of the firm.
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.