Please see below the job description -
This role will report functionally and operationally to the EHS Lead. As a Health and Safety Advisor you will support and enable the business to create an inclusive, values-driven and engaging working environment with the highest safety standards. Investigate new ways of working to boost empowerment, accountability and collaboration to ensure the plant complies with all legal requirements.
- Support the implementation of EHS UK policy for occupational health and safety management.
- Work closely with and support the efforts of all members of the UK EHS Department.
- Support business units in Filton and the UK (as required) to ensure they implement local plans to deliver health and safety policy objectives and ensure those business units maintain health and safety management system standards.
- Provide professional and pragmatic support for the business, helping to drive improvements on a day to day basis.
- Assist the business to prevent injury, ill health and loss, ensuring the organisation reduces its accident and incident rates.
- Ensure all accidents and incidents in the business area are reported and appropriately investigated, and all necessary improvement actions recorded and tracked to completion.
- Assist the business identify potential hazards that could lead to injury, ill health and loss by actively supporting the risk assessment process whilst also ensuring the control and management of risks within the work environment.
- Undertake periodic compliance audits and other appropriate monitoring activities including housekeeping audits identifying improvements that can then be implemented in a practical manner.
- Provide data and reports on health and safety performance from the business areas as required.
- Assist the local business areas deliver safety training strategies that meet the needs of compliance, policy and production.
- Maintain a local meeting structure to ensure effective communication and consultation with internal stakeholders, e.g. Custodians, business managers, Trades Union Representatives, Local EHS Controllers and Champions.
- Assist the business units with the development of, tools and processes to support effective health and safety management, compliance, data capture and reporting.
Skills Essential Requirements
- A minimum of NEBOSH Occupational Health and Safety Diploma / degree level H&S qualification
- Can demonstrate up to 5 years' experience in a similar role reporting to and working with key stakeholders on all matters concerning Health and Safety in a dedicated safety advisor role.
- Have first-hand experience of formal risk assessment techniques.
- Have relevant experience in engineering, manufacturing and technical working environments. You have to be a considerate team player who also has the ability to work autonomously off their own initiative with a positive attitude whilst working to the expected behaviours.
- A clear understanding of the pragmatic and practical application of health and safety standards. Good working knowledge of office ICT systems and software, in particular MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other recognised IT systems.
- Experience of machinery safety and/or Construction Design & Management.
- Knowledge of Environment risk management.
- Project management skills
For more information about this role please contact our Manchester office