Seeking a HSE Specalist for the constuction of a large polymers plant, staying on through operations.
- Demonstrates expert knowledge and operational experience in several SHE technical areas as well as demonstrates an understanding of construction safety in several different areas (civil, piping, electrical, lifts etc.)
- Completes assigned duties in a timely fashion. (The duties assigned to individuals will depend on technical and operational experience and organizational needs.)
- Compiles and submits complete and accurate information and data necessary to measure performance towards project SHE goals and regulatory compliance, as assigned.
- Leads SHE compliance programs or components of such programs, as assigned.
- Collaborates with SHE staff and customer organizations in the development, implementation, and maintenance of Project SHE procedures and training programs.
- Participates in SHE assurance audits
- Participate and/or Lead incident investigations as required.
- Be responsive to SHE issues raised at any level in the organization including follow up communication of the resolution with all parties involved
Level of Education & Knowledge:
- Degree in engineering, environmental studies, safety, or similar technical discipline or applicable work experience on major construction projects.
- Knowledgeable in SHE Technical Areas preferred
- 10+ years' experience working in a chemical plant, or refinery construction project environment is preferred.
- Demonstrates understanding of component operations
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to correctly interpret and apply SHE laws and regulations and industry
- Competent in the use of Microsoft and Adobe software and ability to develop competency in the use of ancillary software applications used by the Gulf Coast Region
For more information about this role please contact our Houston office