High Voltage Protection Application Engineer
My client, a leading OEM are seeking an experienced High Voltage Protection Application Engineer. The main duties of this role are to perform power system analysis, assist with the preparation of tenders and provide associated services, training and technical assistance to our customers.
- Performing power system studies (including short-circuit and protection coordination
studies) involving mostly industrial and petrochemical networks.
- Carrying out on-site engineering work (mostly within the UK, but also in other European
- Assisting customers with the application and use of all of the company's products and
- Liaising with utility, industrial, consulting and OEM engineers to specify protection relays and
- Interpreting customers' specifications and assisting with the preparation of tenders for all
products and services.
- Assisting with order entry, order progressing and any other tasks, to ensure efficient running
of the business.
- Carrying out training courses.
- Participating in exhibitions, seminars and demonstrations.
- Have a degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Have a minimum of five years' experience of power system analysis (ideally using the PTW
software) and protection application.
- Be commercially aware, ideally with some commercial experience.
- Have sound analytical and problem solving skills, including being computer literate.
- Have excellent speaking, writing and communication skills (being fluent in English is
- Be adaptable and self-motivated.
- Be willing to travel (mostly within the UK, but abroad if necessary).
- Have the ability to work cooperatively within a team.
- Be able to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities.
- Have the desire to develop a long-term career within the company.
- Have a full driving license and be allowed to work permanently in the UK.
The contract will be a permanent, full-time contract.
For more information about this role please contact our London office