Hygiene Manager - Nights
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH115606
Location: England, East Riding of Yorkshire, Kingston Upon Hull
Sector: Build, Site Management & Planning, Built Environment
Date posted: 25/10/2017
Hygiene Manager (Nights)
My client is one of the UK's best known manufacturers of value added meat products. They require a Hygiene Manager to join their state-of-the-art Hull facility as soon as possible.
The main purpose of the role is to be responsible for managing two shift based hygiene teams ensuring that the cleanliness of the site is maintained to the correct standards at all times.
* Create, implement and monitor hygiene schedules and cleaning instruction procedures.
* Ensure all operatives are provided with the appropriate training in cleaning techniques and the use and handling of chemicals.
* Conduct audits of cleaning schedules ensuring that all schedules are carried out correctly.
* Carry out deep cleaning duties ranging from both surface contact sanitisation to full equipment strip down.
* Work with the production management teams to ensure that the hygiene operations do not adversely affect production efficiency or create machine down time.
* Achieve and maintain the targets set by the Technical team in relation to microbiological trend analysis, HACCP and, where deemed necessary, the positive release of key equipment.
* Liaise with any specified chemical provider to develop a food hygiene audit system.
* Assist the Site Technical Manager with the site preparation for customer or third party hygiene audits to include provision of departmental schedules, cleaning and staff training records.
* Effectively manage all departmental personnel ensuring that compliance with current employment legislation is maintained.
* Oversee the allocation of annual leave and the general management of absenteeism.
* Maintain the appropriate departmental health and safety procedures at all times including ensuring that the necessary PPE is worn by all staff.
* Review and update the training requirements of the department in line with current legislation and changing departmental operations.
* Liaise with colleagues in other departments to ensure the throughput of all products in a timely and efficient manner
* Ensure that all Hygiene staff have been given the appropriate level of training necessary to carry out their work within legislative and Health and Safety guidelines.
* Manage the availability of chemicals for cleaning.
Please apply online or contact Gilbert Gregory on 0161 227 4918 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about this role please contact our Manchester office