The Instrumentation and Electrical (I&E) Technician role requires the candidate to have the ability to troubleshoot, repair and maintain machinery, production and mechanical equipment. The Technician is responsible for completing day-to-day inspections, maintenance, and upkeep of equipment. An Instrumentation and Electrical (I&E) Technician understands troubleshooting and making corrections to control software and Distributed Control Systems (DCS).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the completion of inspections, maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs on electrical and instrumentation systems. (Distributed Control systems (DCS), Programmable Logic Controls (PLC) and control software, Calibration Instrumentation)
- Comfortable around HydroChloric Acid, Bleach, Chostic Chemical
- Read and interpret equipment manuals, electrical schematics, and other specifications to determine the repair method on failed components.
- Have thorough knowledge of the occupation hazards and corresponding safety precautions that are necessary for the safe performance of maintenance duties.
- Teach other electricians instrumentation and perform any other job duties as assigned by Supervisor or Manager.
- A mininum of two years of relevant experience.
- Trade/Technical degree or apprenticeship in a related field.
- Proficient computer skills, DCS Systems, Emerson, Foxboro, Honeywell TPS, Delta V, Microsoft Office standard version, and suitable device software applications
- Strong troubleshooting Skills
- Strong personal safety philosophy
- Must be team oriented and have a willingness to learn
For more information about this role please contact our Houston office