Working alongside peers from the MEP team, you will have the opportunity to provide design engineering service to the wider project team typically generating reports and design packages for:
- Fixed Telecom distribution and access networks
- Campus area networks
- Fixed and wireless local area networks
- High level deployment of cellular mobile infrastructure & assets.
Design packages vary in terms of complexity. The Consultant should be used to generating concept, schematic, detailed design and construction documentation for internal & external systems including infrastructure design. Within each of the preceding categories the Consultant will be required to produce bid documentation & associated drawings.
Responsibilities and duties include;
- Work competently on an independent basis, as well as collaborating within the design team and leading the ICT project team.
- Develop Heat Maps
- Developing IT, AV & Security Specs
- Communicate directly with external stakeholders.
- Prepare and take responsibility for concept and preliminary engineering solutions for detail design.
- Prepare Technical Specifications.
- Continually ensuring that practices, policies, strategy and services represent the client's best interests and that Buro Happold policy is in keeping with current legislation, local Standards and Codes of Practice.
- To deliver cost effective planning of information communication technology network design and infrastructure within the Built Environment.
- Actively contribute towards delivering profitable projects in the context of project finances.
- Monitor financial performance of jobs, with the setting up and managing of job/project administrative systems, including planning and monitoring job resourcing/expenditure (adjusting these as necessary).
- Responsible for planning, organising and managing personal workload in order to meet deadlines in line with owner commitments.
- Proactively raising concerns regarding workload and ability to meet deadlines.
- Maintain an overview of the project team's workload and commitments in order to successfully meet deadlines and balance resource utilisation.
- Typically at least 5 years of relevant experience in an operational ICT/telecommunications role.
- Proven track record in a commercially focussed business environment including expertise in project delivery and/or cost management.
- Experience of planning intra and inter building ICT infrastructure.
- Design and specification experience in optical fibre infrastructure, copper infrastructure, IP switching and routing, wireless networks, supervisory and control networks.
- Security & CCTV Design
- Cisco CCDP highly desirable.
- Registered communications distributed engineer (RCDD) highly desirable.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or Master's is highly desirable.
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.