Wind Technician - Installation
Hourly rate: $45 per hour inclusive of superannuation (standard, standby and travel days)
Per Diem: $55 per working day
- Perform wind turbine maintenance and/or installation tasks as assigned. This includes proficient operation and use of tools (including but not limited to specialized calibration, hydraulic, power tools) and basic turbine equipment. Documents tasks where required.
- Follow basic structured problem-solving process to complete troubleshooting and diagnostic tasks to include the use of diagnostic tools (e.g. basic fluke meter functions, hydraulic pressure gauge).
- Independently initiates and performs most work tasks as well as follows defined instructions and maintenance schedules, executing plans as directed and performs according to written and verbal instruction from higher level technical staff.
- Interpret the requirements of GE manuals, specifications, bulletins, work instructions, etc. and devise work plans including all required resources
- Field operational support for Planned preventive maintenance programs of wind turbine generator systems.
- Proactively looks for improvement opportunities to job appropriate processes and procedures and communicates through appropriate channels.
- Liaise with Service manager
- Keep records, maintain documentation and report as required by company policy
- Effectively gather information regarding turbine performance/issues. May diagnose, recommend, and implement solutions up to intermediate issues. Seek assistance when encountering turbine issues outside trained skill level to ensure success in resolution
- Deploy appropriate company health, safety, environment and quality processes for the business utilizing industry best practice.
- Site inventory control to ensure business objectives are delivered effectively and efficiently
- Participate as a key team member promoting initiatives to improve Wind Turbine component performance whilst ensuring quality and functionality.
- Participate in continuous improvement process and implement all improvement activities which relate to area of responsibility.
- Maintain company vehicle with necessary tooling and equipment to perform planned preventative maintenance.
- Ensure periodic maintenance and repairs are made to equipment/tooling and company vehicles.
Must be proficient in:
- Foundation prep, grout and levelling devices
- Prep, locating, lifting and installation of major WTG components.
- Rotor Assembly: Hub prep and staging, Blade lifting, handling and torqueing.
- Rotor Install: Prep and installation.
- Tower wiring and cable drop.
- Buss bar system prep and installation.
- Generator Alignment.
- IIP procedure, LOTO and process.
- Digital Systems: GE Box, dPRO, ServiceNow
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Physically fit & Confident at working at Heights
- Team player, cooperative, interested in further development.
- Ability to communicate at all levels.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
- Self-motivated individual, able to work on own initiative and take appropriate decisions.
- Be prepared to share in the personal challenges that develop from building a new business opportunity through to delivery
- Excellent fault- finding capabilities with attention to detail.
- Experienced in planned preventative maintenance,
- Able to compile daily, weekly, monthly technical reports
- Experience in, or knowledge, of the 1974 H&S at work act
- Strong I.T Skills ''Excel & Word'' Computerized software programmers, firm wear upgrades etc….
- Flexibility to carry out the necessary duties to complete the task efficiently and in a timely Manner
Education and Qualifications
- Industry recognised Qualification HNC, City & Guilds, NVQ level 3 or equivalent in Mechanical, Hydraulic or Electrical Engineering fields
- Minimum 2 years transferable industry sector experience
- Knowledge of WTSR either as an At or CT
- WTG Knowledge
- Previous GE/Alstom WTG service experience desirable although not essential as full training will be provided
For more information about this role please contact our Perth office