Spencer Ogden are seeking an expereinced Instrumentation Engineer for a home based/office based permanent position.
Spencer Ogden are working with a global engineering and technology pioneer who are seeking an Instrument Engineer - Gas Metering to join them on a permanent basis working from Home and required at their office locations in the midlands/South East (UK).
Our client are growing off the back of successful projects and tenders. They are really making a high impact in the distributed gas market and due to the success are seeking an Instrument Engineer to join them on a permanent basis.
As the instrument Engineer you will work alongside a variety of target customers which include developers and operators of all types of connections to the gas network; Gas Distribution Networks, Biomethane plants, gas terminals, gas fired power plants and more. The products and services cover the full spectrum of industry requirements and specifications including; AGA, ISO, BS EN compliant designs. You will be responsible for providing technical and engineering support/advice for the; assessment, interpretation and design of metering projects for clients in the High / Medium Pressure network and distribution gas metering market in accordance with current legislation, regulations and client specifications. The position will focus on the electrical, instrumentation and controls system elements of the design, build and commissioning phases of the project life-cycle.
As the successful candidate you will posses the following:
- B Eng Hons degree or equivalent in relevant engineering discipline
- Relevant gas industry training and qualifications
- Experience of Electrical instrumentation and control systems with a focus on gas systems.
- Strong understanding of potentially explosive atmospheres and the requirements of electrical and
instrumentation design within them i.e. ATEX, DSEAR etc.
- Good understanding of QA in the gas industry, with an established network of relevant
- Project Budget and P&L control experience.
- Proven track record of design and delivery of electrical and instrumentation systems in the oil and
gas / petrochemical industry. Understanding of the end-to-end process for delivering requirements
to customers in the High / Medium Pressure Gas Metering market, including responsibly under
In return you will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package
For more information about this role please contact our London office