On any given day you will productionize ML prototypes, create data visualizations and work on the implementation of Spark pipelines. We're looking for a seasoned engineer to join a stellar team. While this is an individual contributor role, you'll be involved in many aspects - working with teams to improve operations, and implementing new features and functionality. We're looking for someone who has an interest in Machine Learning and a passion for getting things done.
The ideal candidate has professional experience in real estate software and technology and is excited by complex, open-ended, and real-world challenges.
- Build robust and scalable software in Python, Linux.
- Design and create services and system architecture for your projects and contribute and provide feedback to other team members.
- Help improve our code quality through writing unit tests, automation and performing code reviews.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute ideas to our technology, algorithms and products.
- Work with the product and design teams to understand end-user requirements, formulate use cases and then translate that into a pragmatic and effective technical solutions.
- Dive into difficult problems and successfully deliver results on schedule.
- Compile and analyze data, processes and codes to troubleshoot problems and identify areas for improvement.
- Collaborating with the front-end developers and other team members to establish objectives and design more functional, cohesive codes to enhance the user experience.
- Participate in continuing education and training to remain current on best practices, learn new programming languages and better assist other team members.
- Taking lead on projects as needed.
- Problem solve and create solutions to meet customer requests.
- Work with our Engineering Team to improve internal processes.
- Stay up to date with relevant technologies.
- Provide technical training and support both internally and externally.
- Other duties may be assigned.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Very strong analytical thinker.
- Maintains composure under pressure.
- Fast learner with a strong technical acumen.
- Excels independently and in a team environment.
- A track record of projects completed on time - you are a flawless executor, not a procrastinator.
- Solid OOP and software design knowledge - you should know how to create software that's extensible, reusable and meets desired architectural objectives.
- Experience with ML Libraries, Jupyter, NoSQL, SQL, CI/CD, GIT, and the willingness to learn new technologies.
- Experience with Linux/Unix and shell scripting.
- Ability to work independently or with a group.
- Proven expertise on Python standard library and data analysis libraries.
- Strong understanding of the web development cycle and programming techniques and tools.
- Focus on efficiency, user experience and process improvement.
- Excellent project and time management skills.
- Willingness to sit at a desk for extended periods.
- You're so much fun to work with, that if you were working on the weekend, we'd want to join you.
- Four (4) year bachelor's degree in computer programming, computer science, Mechanical Engineering, or a related field required or equivalent work experience.
- At least 2-year Infrastructure experience.
- At least 1-year AWS experience.
- In-depth knowledge of Linux.
- Proficient in at least one of: Node.js, Python.
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.