As an IoT Systems Software Engineer, you will be leading the deployment of our IoT edge server (Linux OS), integration of sensors with edge computing devices, hardware specification process, writing software to communicate with sensors and other on-premise devices, as well as dealing with maintaining stable network connection from customer facilities to our cloud.
You will be working with a dynamic and collaborative team that integrates a wide array of technologies into a cohesive IoT product and leaves a footprint in the smart IoT products industry.
- Complete ownership of process for Linux Server Operating System configuration, deployment, automation (bash scripting expertise required)
- Troubleshoot on site Linux deployment issues
- Develop and update automation scripts to keep deployments secure and robust
- Hands on development of proof-of-concept software to validate end to end product integration (python expertise required)
- Research and test hardware to integrate with our cutting-edge IoT product. From sensors to edge computing devices, to on premise communication solutions
- Work with technology suppliers to put together solutions based on our product goals
- Work cross-functionally with engineers focusing on software, data science, quality and program management
- Provide on-site field support and commissioning to roll out our product to new customers
- Understanding of BIOS and GRUB configuration and automation
- 2+ years of programming within Linux environments and bash scripting
- 2+ years of software engineering in python (internships included)
- Experience with git as software version control
- Bachelor's in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- Experience with AWS, specifically Greengrass, Lambdas, Athena, Cognito, and Glu (desired)
- Domain knowledge in material handling, industrial mfg., or logistics is ideal (desired)
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.