Responsible for the day-to- day delivery of an IT Support service to the company, globally. Monitoring and reporting on service requirements, they will assist in developing the IT Support Service, whilst nurturing positive relationships with the customer-base (staff) within the company.
- Accountable for support ticketing system and associated SLA’s
- Ensure that incidents and requests are handled according to agreed procedures
- Ensure that appropriate action is taken to anticipate, investigate and resolve problems in systems and services ensuring that such problems are fully documented within relevant system(s). Coordinate the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures and analyses patterns and trends
- Develop implementation plans for dealing with complex requests for change or for the introduction of new services, evaluating risks to integrity of infrastructure inherent in proposed implementations and review the effectiveness of change implementation.
- Accountable for life costing and recording of IT assets and services.
- Involved in hardware budgeting and purchasing
- Create/maintain structured documentation that deals with complex information and manage the configuration of documentation items and files, within own area of responsibility.
- Promote and assist in the implementation of strategies, policies and procedures that seek to guide and shape the IT Support Service
- Under the guidance of the Director of Technology conduct security risk and vulnerability assessments for defined business applications or IT installations in defined areas, and provide advice and guidance on the application and operation of elementary physical, procedural and technical security controls
- Provide professional leadership and operational management to the team globally, taking responsibility for management and development, implementing service standards and developing common systems and processes based on industry best practice.
- Line management and recruitment of IT Support staff
- Working closely with the Recruitment Systems Manager to ensure that the support function is always up to date with the latest standards of the main systems
- Offer support, where needed, to the finance systems team to ensure the smooth transition of data from the front office to the finance platforms in place.
PROJECT BASED WORK
- Analyse business processes identifying alternative solutions and
- recommending new approaches. Help establish requirements for the
- implementation of changes in business processes
- AD HOC project based work to ensure the IT team are supporting the objectives/goals of the business
- Any other duties defined by the Director of Technology