Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH120711
Location: USA, New York
Sector: Build, Site Management & Planning, Built Environment
Date posted: 07/02/2018
We are currently working with a top-tier construction manager in NYC who is looking to build out their IT Support team. They are leaders in the commercial construction space working on both fit-outs and ground out construction projects.
- Provide first level technical support and answer queries via phone, email.
- Maintain a high degree of service and adhere to all service management principles.
- Take ownership of end user problems and be proactive in finding resolutions.
- Assist in resolving hardware/software issues for end users and server room equipment, as required.
- Provide end user training.
- Arrange for external technical support when problems cannot be resolved in-house.
- Work on IT projects involving sites of responsibility.
- Install hardware (computers, monitors, servers, UPS, routers, switches, etc.).
- Manage all equipment for sites of responsibility and perform periodic inventories, as required.
- Travel to job locations, as required, and flexibility to work nights and/or weekends, as needed.
- Computer Science Degree, or 3-5 years of job experience, including helpdesk
- Microsoft and relevant technical certifications and education desirable.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems, including troubleshooting Microsoft Office programs within a network environment.
- Experience handling remote VPN access technology and troubleshooting desktop applications and client services on cloud, mobile, and traditional desktop configurations.
- Working knowledge of desktop virtualization technologies, including Citrix and Vmware and XenDesktop.
- Ability to work independently with a keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Ability to present ideas in a business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Team-oriented and ability to effectively work within a collaborative environment.
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.