Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH110423
Location: USA, New York, Manhattan
Sector: Technology, IT Strategy & Transformation, Power
Date posted: 20/07/2017
This vacancy has now expired.
Candidates for this position must have a Bachelor's Degree in computer science, engineering, math, science, business administration or a related discipline with an information technology focus with at least 3 years of demonstrated work experience in a related Information Technology field, or Associate's Degree and technical certification with at least 5 years of demonstrated work experience in a related Information Technology field. Successful candidates should have excellent analytical, organizational, oral and written communication skills, be detail oriented and be able to work independently, multitasking as needed to address multiple assignments and deadlines. The ability to interact with all levels of management is essential for this position. The candidate will need to have the ability to effectively interact with customers, support staff, outside vendors and various levels of management, and support physical and virtual server and storage infrastructure. Administration, deployment, and support of Windows, Linux and Unix servers, VMWare environments, and Storage Area Networks in high availability configurations. Candidate must be experienced with system backup/restore and disaster recovery technologies. Knowledge of networking and cyber security concepts and technologies will be required in order to work closely with IT groups who deploy and support that equipment within our environment. This role also requires 24/7 availability and to be participate in off-hour emergency response activities as required.
Master's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or a related discipline with an information technology focus, a plus. Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification or equivalent is preferred. Knowledge of the following is preferred: EMC, NetApp storage environments, Fibre Channel and iSCSI management, advanced Windows, Linux, and Unix system administration, TCP/IP networking and understanding of traffic flows, and VMWare virtualization, Active Directory Security Policies, LDAP, MS Office. Intrusion detection/prevention systems, web application/database firewall systems and Splunk experience preferred. Must demonstrate ability to work in teams in a manner consistent with Company objectives.
1. Prepare standards based documents for the installation of computing or communications components to support the Distribution Control Center server and network infrastructure.
2. Serve as project manager for small-scale vendor installation of computing and infrastructure equipment.
3. Build, manage, and monitor the DECC VMware virtual environment. Create Windows and Unix templates, presenting network and storage resources.6.
4. Build, patch, monitor and troubleshoot Windows and Unix Servers.
5. Develop Windows and Unix scripts to streamline system management tasks.
6. Configure, manage, and troubleshoot backup environment for DECC Windows and Unix servers.
7. Manage and configure Storage Arrays, and allocate and present new storage to VMware and Unix systems.
8. Configure Fiber switches for use with Fiber attached servers and SANs.
9. Work with corporate infrastructure groups to troubleshoot connectivity issues with network switches, routers and firewalls.
10. Work with Corporate Active Directory Group to maintain compliance to Corporate AD standards. 11. Lead technical evaluations of contractor proposals, software, or hardware.
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.