Our client in renewable energy is seeking candidates for a Land Acquisition Analyst role. Qualified individuals possess 2 years of relevant work experience within renewable energy. This position will be accountable for providing analysis to support the origination of new solar, energy storage, and solar + storage projects in emerging U.S. markets, and preparing these projects for development.
Ideal candidates will have a solid understanding of real estate fundamentals and should be able to screen candidate sites for constraints (title, biotic, regulatory). Knowledge and understanding of real estate mapping resources is essential (ArcGIS, Google Earth, web-based applications, and government resources).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Researching emerging markets to understand the real estate markets and regulatory climate (utility, local, State, and Federal policies).
- Use of various software and web-based mapping resources to identify potential project sites; research owners and conduct initial outreach.
- Conduct desktop due diligence on new sites, including title and environmental matters, and assessment of utility infrastructure.
- Process contracting documents and synthesize project data for use by management and development teams.
- Close coordination with the business development and development teams covering permitting and utility interconnection to ensure smooth launch of later development activities.
- Knowledge and understanding of real estate mapping resources is essential (ArcGIS, Google Earth, web-based applications, and government resources).
- Desire to work in an early stage company in the renewable energy field
- Bachelor's degree required
- Excellent communication skills in both oral and written English
- Self-motivated with the ability to manage diverse relationships and multiple, complex projects simultaneously
- Understanding of real estate fundamentals
- Basic knowledge of electrical transmission/distribution systems
- Expertise with real estate mapping resources such as ArcGIS, Google Earth and government resources
- A basic understanding of the electrical transmission/distribution grids is desirable.
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.