SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS
The Land Manager will support site acquisition across the US in support of a variety of company initiatives. You will directly lead the acquisition of high quality, highly vetted sites specifically tailored to the Company's offerings. Working in close coordination with a team of Sales Managers, Development Project Managers and Sales Analysts, your goal is to identify, approach and acquire land sites in line with the strategic path of our organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify, Assess, and Approach landowners across a variety of markets
- Work closely in tandem with Legal team to develop deal structures and form agreements intended to maximize value on a market by market basis.
- Interface directly with Development Project Managers to plan permitting, site design, interconnection and other key value add functions.
- Manage a broad geographic area in response to RFP/Procurement related land acquisition.
- We are looking for highly motivated individuals who want to be part of a fast-paced and fluid company poised for growth in one of the country's most rapidly changing industries.
- Forward-thinking, innovative approaches and comfort with complexity are what define the team.
- Desire to work in an early stage company in the renewable energy field
- Bachelor's degree required and Master's Degree preferred
- Self-starter comfortable with the remote nature of a land acquisition role.
- Excellent communication skills in both oral and written English
- Strong insight development and value proposition definition skills
- Ability to effectively operate with high energy and flexibility in a fast-paced, constantly evolving team environment
- Experience with GIS, Costar and lead mapping tools
- Commercial/Industrial real estate entitlement experience a plus.
- Solar or renewable energy industry experience a plus
Though the Sales Department believes in long term work/life balance, we also believe in short term imbalances. Long hours will be needed from time to time as dictated by deal flow and project deadline
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.