|Landfill Gas Field Technician |
- Under general supervision operates, monitors, and maintains landfill gas migration control/recovery systems.
- Additionally may occasionally assist with small construction repairs involving the gas collection and control system.
- Reports to the Project Manager or Project Superintendent.
- May supervise or otherwise be assisted by Laborers, Equipment Operators, Foreman, or Superintendents.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Field sampling of various test locations including wells, probes, headers, blowers, flares, pumps, etc.
- Data recording and analysis.
- Based on data review and consultation with supervisor, adjusts gas flow rates from wells, headers, and blowers (pumps).
- Operates and maintains various analytical equipment, including calibration.
- Records and maintains daily field logs reporting data collected, field observations, actions taken, and recommended actions to be taken.
- Reports/consults with supervisor (and in some instances client) regarding field conditions and test results.
- Implements necessary routine and non-routine repairs and maintenance required to keep systems operating and in compliance with various prescribed operating parameters and goals.
- Perform, supervise, and/or otherwise assist in required maintenance and repairs.
- Interact/supervise/manage vendors and/or sub-contractors needed to assist with operating, monitoring, and maintenance of the control/recovery systems.
- Preparation of preliminary cost estimates/proposals for work to be performed.
- Conduct on-site Health and Safety meetings (tailgate meetings) and verify that Health and Safety standards are followed by on-site staff and sub-contractors.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in O&M of landfill gas collection systems required.
- OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER certification, OSHA HAZWOPER Supervisor certification, OSHA Confined Space Entry Team certification, OSHA Excavation Safety Competent Person certification preferred.
- High School Diploma/GED preferred.
- Experience in polyethylene pipe fusion for construction or, combustible gas sensor and/or ground flare O&M preferred.
- Experience or demonstrated high degree of aptitude in mechanical work; analytical problem solving and data analysis; interpretation of plans, specifications, schematics, manufacturer manuals, system operation and maintenance manuals; interpretation of applicable codes and regulations.
- Effective organizational as well as written and verbal communication skills.
- Valid driver's license with driving record in good standing.
- Meet physical requirements for driving (pick-up truck), walking inspection of improved and unimproved property, lifting and carrying equipment/mechanical components (up to 50 lbs. unassisted), hand excavation/digging (using shovels/picks), carrying and climbing ladders, operating and working from man lifts, operating electric tools (drills, saws, etc.), using hand tools (screw drivers, wrenches, hammers, etc.) and providing services under varying weather conditions.