Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH104880
Location: England, Kent
Sector: Off-shore wind, Renewables
Date posted: 29/03/2017
This vacancy has now expired.
Our London based client is an innovative, world leader within the Wind Energy industry and is looking for an exceptional Lead Engineer paying a competitive salary of £50,000-£60,000 per annum + 10% bonus + amazing benefits package. This is a unique opportunity to come on board and lead a small team responsible for the development and implementation of technical solutions focused on maximizing production, increasing operational safety and reducing operational costs of offshore power generation and transmission assets, specifically the operation of large offshore wind turbines.
Lead Engineer duties and responsibilities:
* Lead the implementation of the asset management strategy and execution plan
* Lead the evolution and integration of the LAL Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS)
* Support the integration of process historian, planning, physical asset management process, CMMS and other data sources into a single integrated system (BI)
* Support the continued development of in-house analytical statistical reporting capability, evolving tools to mine data and identify trends and develop and validate theory for improving reliability and reducing downtime
* Develop fault diagnosis capability in consultation with specialist providers
* Continually develop and use advanced reporting tools allowing automated data-mining, analysis and preventative maintenance strategies
* Using data mining and trend analysis identify and classify issues resulting from defective manufacture, assembly, installation, commissioning or maintenance of major components
* Use analytical and statistical tools to mine data and identify trends, and using detailed analysis create reports of changes to the risk profile of various asset classes
* Evaluation, selection and implementation of condition-based maintenance regimes
* Liaison with technical staff from specialist contractors
* Support the development of business/NPV cases where fault remediation investment is required
* Supervise, Mentor and develop team members
Lead Engineer desired experience:
* Honours Degree in Engineering discipline (Electrical, Mechanical, Mechatronics, Control or Manufacturing/Production).
* 5-10 years minimum experience as a process, development, systems or reliability engineer, with at least five at senior level.
* An ability to demonstrate significant advanced 1st principle technical understanding of and experience of delivering solutions within four or more of a wind turbines major component technologies.
* A good understanding of data handling systems, and demonstrable ability to use advanced data mining techniques.
* Experience in the design and development of frequency converters, mechanical power transmissions, Machine/process control and condition monitoring (SCADA and CMS) and data-handling tools within the Wind Industry is advantageous.
If this sounds like something you are particularly interested in, please apply with an updated version of your CV to email@example.com or feel free to give me a call on +44 207 299 9294.
For more information about this role please contact our London office