Lead General Superintendent
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH107912
Location: USA, Florida, National
Sector: Build, Project Management, Built Environment
Date posted: 25/08/2017
As a Lead General Superintendent you will coordinate all site construction activities and supervise all field personnel as required to successfully complete the project on schedule and within budget. This includes maintaining the highest level of quality, supervising all trade and field personnel, while administering good construction safety practices with all on-site activities. You will maintain the job site office and help to close out projects.
- High school diploma with 10 + years applicable construction experience;
- 5+ years of on-site lead General Superintendent experience in the Construction Industry
- Ground-up construction experience required - Healthcare, Industrial, Commercial, Process, Waste / Waste-water, Government
- Strong conflict management skills and a high level of assertiveness
- Attention to detail, quality, and safety are paramount
- Ability to work with diverse project management teams
100% travel required
1. Pre-plans and schedules jobsite activity as required. Produces and updates weekly 4-week short interval schedule (integrated with overall project schedule). Oversees field office files.
2. Plans and develops construction techniques and methods, materials handling, crew sizes and deployment, equipment requirements and task sequences.
3. Recruits and coordinates training for all hourly jobsite personnel. Assists in applicable jobsite training of onsite APM's and Assistant Superintendents.
4. Manages requirements of the NPDES. Posts required documentation in compliance with national, state and local labor laws. Administers company policies and procedures fairly and consistently.
5. Prepares Daily Report and communicates project activity to management (Project Manager and Director of Construction).
6. Purchases miscellaneous materials and requisitions equipment. Receives and maintains purchased materials and rented equipment.
7. Reports, verifies and documents to management extra work requested by Owner, or occasioned by job conditions, which are beyond the original estimate or contract documents.
8. Responsible for layout of accurate lines and grades for all work. Reviews project submittals. Checks and verifies dimensions within the design drawings, and as related to shop drawings.
9. Verifies valid/current insurance of all on-site companies.
10. Inspects for quality both company-performed work and subcontractors' work and for compliance with engineered drawings. Resolves quality assurance deficiencies.
11. Prepares Labor Cost Report. Processes daily vendors' and subcontractors' invoices and delivery tickets. Conducts weekly subcontractor progress meetings.
12. Initiates all jobsite safety and accident prevention efforts. Investigates and reports all accidents. Holds weekly safety meetings and inspections for submission. Conducts new-hire safety orientation utilizing the code of safe practices.
13. Acts as on-site THC security representative.
14. Maintains good community relations and clearly identifies jobsite by well-placed and maintained company signs per THC signage standards.
15. Complies with contract specifications, PO's, SC's and permitting agencies for required inspections. Generates RFI's and applicable project correspondence.
16. Assumes budget responsibility for labor costs, including subsistence and expenses, and miscellaneous purchases, such as concrete, lumber, equipment rental and overhead.
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.