Delivery and coordination of Process/ Front End engineering design as described in the Project/Proposal scope, in accordance with design & engineering standards & procedures, schedules and budget, quality standards, targets and customer satisfaction.
- Identifies and defines design concepts for greenfield and brownfield opportunities. Determines the optimum commercial / business solution, in support of the Stakeholders (e.g. Assets)
- Executes feasibility studies for greenfield and brownfield opportunities
- Identifies development uncertainties / risks and their mitigation measures taking due account for SD & HSE aspects
- Ensures that projects are well defined and framed so that a realistic and appropriate cost estimate can be made and risk for scope and cost escalation during the project execution phases is manageable
- Carries out economic screening calculations and modelling of identified concepts, in co-operation with the lead economist
- Manages a multi-discipline Front End team with respect to work allocation, priority setting, progress of work and team composition.
- Defines tasks and targets, executes annual performance appraisals and identifies development needs for the respective members of the Front End team
- Manages a multi-functional team for the execution and progress of studies for opportunities under direct control
- Makes sure the right contract is in place for 3rd party front-end engineering support;
- Carries out budget control for studies under direct control
- Prepares a work and manpower plan in co-operation with stakeholder;
- Delivers Feasibility and Concept selection study reports
- Prepares and delivers BFDs where appropriate
- Is a mentor and coach to graduate engineers and less experienced colleague
- 10-15 years process/discipline engineering experience in front-end engineering and project execution for on and off-shore projects.
- Experience as project engineer
- Commercial focus. Familiar with investment evaluation criteria and underlying business drivers.
- Experience in managing multi-functional teams
- Team player, motivator.
For more information about this role please contact our Singapore office Spencer Ogden Energy Pte Ltd Agency License Number: 13C6321