Our client is one of the world's largest and most innovative wind turbine manufacturers who are searching for a Lead Senior Specialist to join their R&D Power Plant Engineering division based out of Aarhus, Denmark. This is a new position where you will act as the technical head for electrical technology and solutions within grid integration like control, ancillary services, protection, HVDC, BoP equipment, storage and PV in line with their business strategy.
Lead Senior Specialist duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for technology and product design of: plant real-time controls, main circuit and principal power plant components, power plant compliance with connection codes globally: in practice spanning from technology scouting and intellectual property rights, via guidelines and processes for best practice design and quality assurance, development of core competences, to qualification balance-of-plant equipment and active participation in standards working groups.
- Define and drive technology- and product roadmaps aligned with the business strategy
- Make business cases and project scoping
- Act as technical head in especially the scoping phase of complex and cross functional projects
- Conduct IPR assessments and ensuring freedom to operate
- Ensuring quality by design reviews
- Represent Vestas in relevant working groups and committees
- Interface to academia and partnership projects
- Competence development
Lead Senior Specialist desired experience:
- M.Sc. in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 15 years of professional experience
- Extensive experience with industrial product design, technology development, business model development
- Working knowledge of power plant connection codes and technical requirements for connection agreements
- Experience from projects, procurement and commercial transactions with power system operators and planners, high-voltage power apparatus suppliers, power plant engineering consultants
- Track record of identification and delivery of new technology into products or installations
- Hands-on experience with modelling and simulation of power electronic and control equipment in power systems
- Hands-on experience with real-time control of power electronic converters
- Excellent communication skills in English orally and written
If this sounds like something you are particularly interested in, please apply with an updated version of your CV to email@example.com or feel free to give me a call on +44 207 268 9294.
For more information about this role please contact our London office