As a member of our product technology team, you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions to improve quality and reduce cost of delivery. You'll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and new products. You'll be tasked with working across management, sales, product management, technology, release engineers, QA, and project management, to ensure that all stakeholders have the necessary technical direction and feedback to deliver product features at regular intervals, on-time, and with high-quality. The ability to understand industry trends, leverage enterprise architecture best practices, align with business goals and communicate to senior business and technology leadership is an essential component of the role. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development-such as Agile frameworks is key. And best of all, you'll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world.
- Work with key shareholders to formulate a comprehensive technology plan that is consistent with the overall business objectives and budgetary considerations.
- Advise Senior Management on technical decisions including platform fit, system solution design and detailed troubleshooting.
- Develop, Define and Document the "as is" and "to be" for various applications while ultimately defining an architectural strategy and Road Map
- Assist with the translating of strategic goals into actionable implementation plans
- Evaluate and actively scout for new technology and tools
- Assist team members in interpreting scope and evaluating risks for complex initiatives
- Strong ability to partner with both internal business/technical organizations
- Understand complex problems easily and come up with simple solutions
- Lead technical requirements gathering sessions and producing technical requirements and design documents.
- Provide hands on expert level assistance to developers for technical issues.
- Promote and coordinate technical knowledge harvesting within the organization.
- Define, communicate and enforce design/coding standards.
- MS degree in Technology, Engineering, Computer Science, or relevant area.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as an architect in building complex, highly scalable and low latency IOT applications.
- Strong leadership abilities to work both within the technology organization and with external business partners and consumers to achieve and measure IT business objectives.
- Experience as a technical leader in an organization. This includes coaching and mentoring, working through complex problems, and working with our customers and partners to deliver an amazing experience for our clients.
- Demonstrated ability to build consensus, influence and execute.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient hands-on knowledge of diverse technologies, including; Kafka, Hadoop, DevOps, Time Series Database, Cloud Technologies, Postgres, XML, Java, Unix, Angular, Spring and other database applications and concepts.
- Experience with SCADA systems, field integration with assets using protocols such as OPC, MODBUS, IEC etc.
- Experience working with standard multi-tier big-data platform architectures. Must have experience in software product development from concept to commercialization.
- 5+ years' experience in agile software development.
- Experience with energy industry solutions and/or IoT integration.
- Strong design and analysis skills for assessing both technical and business impacts.
- Thought leader, ability to anticipate architectural and business risks and propose creative and innovative solutions. Researches and identify new technologies to solve the business needs.
- Prior experience interfacing with various partners, including vendors, offshore development teams, and internal groups.
- Lead technical sessions to produce design materials.
- Manage the delivery of solutions architecture, design, development, systems integrations, security, implementation and lifecycle management processes.
- Promote and coordinate technical knowledge harvesting within the organization. Propose, communicate and enforce standards.
- Broad knowledge of software engineering practices, frameworks, techniques, industry trends, etc.
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.