Lead Structural Engineer - Towers
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH124682
Sector: Off-shore wind, Renewables
Date posted: 01/05/2018
As a Senior Functional Lead in Tower New products team you will report to the manager of the Tower New Products. Your primary responsibility will be to drive projects and assume technical leadership within structural design and assist in developing/optimize designs and processes.
-You will Identify opportunities and run technology projects in towers and tower Internals structural parts for wind turbines.
- Identify and mitigate technical risks within the project scope and lead technical reviews.
- Secure technical decision making to get the needed progress in the projects.
- Manage and align project challenges with stakeholders.
- FEA-based structural assessments of towers and tower Internal.
- Proposing and implementing design improvements & - Documenting the results.
- Development and optimization of FE models and post-processing tools.
- Participate in development of proprietary software using Matlab, Python or VBA.
We see the ideal candidate possessing the following competencies and personality:
- Structural design, analytical calc. & verification and knowledge of dynamic loaded structures.
- Knowledge on bolted connections, fatigue analysis, fracture mechanics, and buckling analysis.
- FEA (preferably ANSYS Classic / ADPL), structural analysis, fatigue analysis and tools programming.
- Experience in programming and scripting in VBA or similar.
- Structural certification with DNV etc.
- Ability to scope and specify the work to externals consultants.
- Technical leadership, and understanding the business and value chain.
- High degree of personal planning and able to meet deadlines.
- Experienced in executing large projects, hence being exposure to technical project management.
- You have keen commercial awareness and understands the business implications of your decision-making.
- You have good communication, enabling you to convey complex issues to different stakeholders.
- You are process oriented and have a structured way to work.
For more information about this role please contact our London office