Lead Substation Commissioning Engineer
Job type: Contract
Job reference: : BBBH119728
Location: Malaysia, Malaysia
Sector: Transmission and Distribution, Power
Date posted: 23/01/2018
This vacancy has now expired.
My client, an international technology pioneer, is currently looking for a professional lead substation commissioning engineer to support activities in the Substation BU. You will be mostly at substation sites.
Role based in Malaysia - Initial contract of 1 year of possibility of extension.
Typical duties and responsibilities:
* Commissioning and testing of substation equipment and systems, including circuit breakers, switches, transformers, substation computers, communication gateways, and Substation LAN's, for AIS & GIS substations with voltages from LV to HV
* Provide support and input to protection and control engineers
* Participate as a member of project teams to assist in the development of the project schedule for construction and outages, and provide technical guidance for testing and commissioning activities.
* Coordinate test equipment shipping to and from site.
* Assist Substation Commissioning Manager meet project goals
* Strong interface with multiple stakeholders: utility, industrial and commercial
Requirements Basic Qualifications:
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Engineering - Ideally Electrical Eng.
* +5 years of experience in substation testing and commissioning
* Experience in testing and commissioning of transformers + power systems
* Possess Leadership skills - Experience in mentoring junior engineers
Are you ready to take up the challenge and work within a strong international team?
Apply at Dylan.Zidi@Spencer-Ogden.com
For more information about this role please contact our Singapore office
Spencer Ogden Energy Pte Ltd
Agency License Number: 13C6321