Here is your opportunity to work on a major program for our client, a Northeast Utility, where we have been engaged to provide program management and owner engineering services. We have an immediate opportunity for a Substation Project Engineer with a strong focus on design, and work within a multi-discipline team to work efficiently on HV, utility scale Substaton projects.
- Prepare conceptual design of the complex projects.
- Carry out/review/analyze complex technical studies and project scopes.
- Develop and review technical specifications, drawings and standards of equipment/ projects.
- Review the design based memorandum, detailed engineering scope and guide the assigned discipline engineers to align the engineering deliverables according to project requirements.
- Work closely with peers to ensure accurate delivery and thorough electrical design that will meet industry standards and specifications, and meet good engineering practices.
- Maintain complete project documentation with respect to engineering studies and calculations, all design packages, as-built requirements and return data information.
- Maintain good working relationship with internal groups that support project such as other Engineering disciplines, Drafting, Procurement, Construction and Project Management etc.
- A degree Electrical Engineering from a recognized institution
- A minimum of 10 years' experience
- Experience on MathCAD, ASPEN or ETAP software is an asset
- Experience on relay setting and coordination is a must
- Experience in the design of wiring schematics is a must
- Experience in SEL and GE relay programming is desirable
- Experience on PSCAD or EMTP software is an asset
- Knowledge of modern power system, power system protection and relay technologies
- Strong client focus, knowledge of codes and standards
- Candidate must undergo pre-employment drug screening and a criminal background investigation
- Position located at client offices with travel to the site on occasion
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.