Salary - £58,490 per annum
We are seeking highly experienced Systems Engineers who have in-depth knowledge and experience to lead the development of current and next-generation airborne RF sensor and communication electronic systems within the Electronic Warfare (EW) domain.
Working as the most senior systems engineer within a multi-disciplined team, you will provide technical leadership and coordination for systems engineering activities spanning the lifecycle to deliver designated products or other alternative project delivery solutions.
Key Responsibility Areas
You should be familiar with working across the full product lifecycle and have a strong aptitude for leadership, problem-solving and decision-making. Your responsibility could encompass multiple projects as part of the development of a product family, or for a product being delivered to multiple customers under separate contracts. You will therefore be required to carefully consider the needs of all your customers, whilst managing the workload of your delivery team to enable successful completion to the required schedule.
You should have experience of people management and technical leadership, as well as the proven ability to deliver to agreed cost, schedule, and quality performance targets. Working with and influencing key project stakeholders (customer, end-user, subcontractor and supplier). Your role will require you to develop excellent working relationships with our customers and therefore an element of travel within the UK and abroad is to be anticipated.
You should have as a minimum an undergraduate degree in Engineering or related scientific discipline.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
* Airborne RF electronics technology, performance, operational capabilities, and use
* Leading the product design, development and delivery of airborne RF electronic systems
* Understanding of EW domain concepts and application of technology and processes
* Experience of working across the full engineering lifecycle for multiple products/platforms / customers
* Managing all levels of requirements to enable design and development decisions
* Influencing requirements and design decisions, both internally and within a customer environment
* Managing extensive verification and validation activities to achieve certification and delivery
* Designated responsibility for design certification
* Tailoring, implementing and leading engineering lifecycle processes and reporting on key measures
* Planning and coordination of personnel and/or technical activities
* Developing and executing engineering plans, including the capture and management of risk
* Provision of cost/schedule estimates and performing peer review for others
* Manage and deliver WPs to cost, schedule, and quality requirements, iaw engineering processes and engineering plans
* Manage the workload and performance of team members
* Manage the team's capability provision (size/skill/experience)
* Support team & department growth via recruitment or related activities
* Actively support knowledge sharing and exploitation of best practice
To apply, please get in contact with Jordan at Spencer Ogden on 0161 227 4911.
For more information about this role please contact our Manchester office