Under general supervision operates, monitors, and maintains landfill gas migration control/recovery systems including landfill gas well monitoring and adjustment, troubleshooting, and system repairs. This position will report to the Columbia, MD office but there will be travel throughout Maryland and Virginia.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Field sampling of various test locations including wells, probes, headers, blowers, flares, pumps, etc.
- Operate and maintain various analytical equipment including calibration
- Maintenance activities such as greasing blowers, cleaning tanks, fusing pipe, and repairing pumps just to name a few
- Monitoring of landfill gas and maintenance of industrial environmental control systems
- Collect and evaluate/interpret scientific data
- 1 to 3 years in O&M of mechanical systems or pipeline construction preferred
- Ability to work with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to read maps, construction plans, specifications, and diagrams
- Experience working with heavy equipment such as a backhoe, excavator, etc.
- Effective organizational as well as written and verbal communication skills
- Valid driver's license with a driving record in good standing required
- 40 hour Health and Safety, 8 hour Management and Supervisor, OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120, Confined Space Entry, and Trench Excavation Safety training, preferred
- Meet physical requirements for driving (pick-up truck), walking inspection of improved and unimproved property, lifting and carrying equipment/mechanical components (up to 50 lbs. unassisted), hand excavation/digging (using shovels/picks), carrying and climbing ladders, operating and working from man lifts, operating electric tools (drills, saws, etc.), using hand tools (screw drivers, wrenches, hammers, etc.) and providing services under varying weather conditions
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.