Spencer Ogden are hiring a Lighting Specialist
for engineering sustainable energy efficiency solutions. The position will be based in their Qatar office.
My client is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Lighting Specialist. The Lighting Specialist will be responsible for the audit, assessment, and design and pricing of new, remodel and retrofit projects for interior/exterior lighting systems and controls. The Lighting Specialist will interact with HVAC Energy Efficiency project developers during project development and through development of final proposals. The Lighting Specialist must gain an understanding of and address customer requirements.Duties:
- Serve as the lead for all lighting work
- Maintain knowledge of current lighting technology and best practices
- Communicate best practices, provide general direction, training and mentoring of junior team members
- Interact in a positive and constructive fashion with client personnel and potential subcontractors and vendors
- Maintain the company's lighting database
- Conduct field surveys
- Perform engineering and financial analysis
- Analyze client opportunities and assist in developing proposals
- Ensure that surveys and field measurements are complete and sufficient for developing the project scope and proposal
- Develop scopes of work and cost estimates of proposed improvements
- Prepare customer deliverables including scopes of work, room-by-room details
- Analyze opportunities to upgrade customers' lighting systems and generate a project plan.
- Design multiple lighting solutions that meet the customer's financial goals as well as meet state and local energy and lighting codes.
- Estimate anticipated labor and material costs based upon proposed lighting design(s), customer requirements and products selected
- Works with utilities to determine available utility or state energy program-sponsored rebates
- Conduct proposal and project reviews with company management
- Work with project management to finalize construction documents and oversee implementation
- Review and analyze M&V data, provide post-installation analysis of pricing and energy savings
- 5 years as a Lighting Auditor / Specialist or related job experience
- Program experience (Dialux is a must)
- Database experience (Filemaker Pro or Access is a plus)
- Associates Degree or Bachelors degree is a plus o Experience with local utility lighting programs, preferably as a Lighting Expedito
- Understanding of IES Standards, light color, color rendering, lumen and lumen maintenance, lamp life, ballast factors, system wattage and efficacy of the various systems
- Ability to effectively communicate in a professional manner via formal written and oral means to all levels of management o Facility with Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel 2013.
- General understanding of the requirements of electrical installations, circuitry, load, voltage, and familiarity with electrical codes.
- Must be physically able to perform surveys, including extensive standing/walking and climbing ladders
For more information about this role please contact our Dubai office